It is Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games anniversary. What is the legacy of this global event? Medals, outstanding achievement of a human body? Yes, but the rest of this legacy is environmental degradation of the unique natural areas and imprisonment of an outstanding Russian environmental defender Evgeny Vitishko, not to mention human rights abuses and corruption. Evgeny was imprisoned at the height of the Games — Russian authorities wanted to make sure he will not spread the word about violations committed in preparation to the Games. The IOC connived at Vitishko’s imprisonment notwithstanding Evgeny worked a lot on environmental violations in preparation to the Games and the fact that the Olympic Charter considers sustainable development a third pillar of the Olympic Movement. The legacy of the Sochi Olympics is disgusting to those who care for human rights and environment. Free Vitishko now!
- To the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics anniversary
- Russian authorities to close out Environmental Watch on North Caucasus
- To the question of cracked environmental pillar of Olympic Movement, oppression of Environmental Watch on North Caucasus by Russian authorities and importance of this environmental NGO in protection of our global environment
- Imeretinskaya Lowland is another environmental crime in preparation to Sochi 2014
- PROTECTION OF WESTERN CAUCASUS PROPERTY A CONCERN AT 37 WHC UNESCO SESSION
Environmental ViolationsBetter than Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Environmental Watch on North Caucasus Greenpeace and WWF Human Rights Watch Illegal Dumping Illegal Mining Imeretinskaya lowland Natural Gas Power Plant at Kudepsta Open Statements Road Adler-Krasnaya Polyana Sportsmen and Sportswomen Suren Gazaryan and Evgeny Vitishko Western Caucasus